Monday, August 6, 2012

Review: Sixtus by Tim Kizer

By: Tim Kizer

eBook, 35 pages per Kindle
Published June 3rd 2012
ASIN: B0088K8DD0
Source: Author, for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Horror
Stars: 2

Zack is an awkward and disturbed fifteen year old kid. The extra finger on his right hand is probably the most normal thing he has in his life. Zach is a typical teenager in the fact that he follows his friend Jeremy without question. Jeremy begins his lessons in trust while teaching Zach how to kill and then cover it up. Zach takes to killing quickly and soon readers are swept away with Zach and Jeremy’s spree.

I have a hard time defining this novella as horror. It does have a high creep factor, but it felt more twilight zoneish to me. I also felt I was missing something. I even went back and reread several pages just to make sure I didn’t somehow skip a few pages. There are some holes where Jeremy is concerned. I needed some more substance with Jeremy. Unanswered questions at the end of a book are a big disappointment for me. There are a few too many with this novella.


No comments:

Post a Comment