Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Review: Pleasure Cruise by Michelle M Pillow and Mandy M Roth


eBook, 88 pages
Published March 28th 2012 by The Raven Books (first published March 9th 2005)
ASIN: B007PM2H66
Source: Author, for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Stars 3.5
Flames 5

This was a very good book. It starts out with a very amusing interoffice memo stating that the supernaturals need to start mating.  The “Power’s that Be’ decide to do this by having cruises mixed with humans to get the two species to intermingle.

This book contains two love stories, Kira and Braden along with Clare and Dominik.  The women are humans the men are supernatural, a vampire and wolf shifter respectively. I found it interesting that the men were the ones to sign up to get a mate from the Power’s that Be and were eager and happy when they were chosen to go on the cruise. I like a little role reversal when the man is happy to be settling down and the woman is a little resistant to love at first sight.

Now generally I do not like love at first sight stories because they don’t seem to be very believable but I did really enjoy watching these two couple come together. My only negative is that the story was already so short, about 127 pages, and there were two love stories in it that I felt like both couples were a little short changed. Especially when both women had reasons to be leery of relationships and/or supernaturals but those factors were just glossed over to provide lots of steamy sex and a HEA.  Now I do enjoy steamy sex (and can I just say Kira seems to have no boundaries) but I would have liked more character development throughout the story. The beginning sets up two really fun heroines but I don’t feel their stories were really told, just their sex lives were. But I did still enjoy this book and am very anxious to read the next in the series.





No comments:

Post a Comment