Thursday, June 14, 2012

Review: Berrr's Vow by Laurann Dohner




Paperback, 232 pages
Published July 5th 2011 by Ellora's Cave (first published October 22nd 2010)
ISBN 13: 9781419964589
Source: Purchased for self
Genre: Erotic Sci Fi Romance
Best read in order: loosely
Stars: 4
Flames: 4

This is by far my favorite of the Zorn Warrior books. The father of the 3 previous brothers that I’ve read has finally met a human that he wants. I think what I loved most about Berrr falling for a human was his initial reactions to his sons taking a human female as a mate. He has always seen any female as weak, he believes human females are even weaker. He even feels that they will weaken his royal/elite bloodline when his sons start having children. Oh yes, karma found Berrr.

Shanna has had a rough life. Her life becomes even rougher when she is abducted by aliens to be auctioned off as a sex slave. She has never had anyone to protect her from the sometime cruel life fate can give. This life has made her tough. This life has given her the necessary skills to defend herself and knock Berrr flat on his ass.  

Berrr has an intense blend of nurturing caring male with his alpha planet ruler persona that all must concede too. He only wants to keep Shanna safe. He has quickly come to see her as much more than a weak human. The biggest problem for Berrr and Shanna is the person who almost see’s to her death. I loved this conflict. At many times it seems impossible for Berrr and Shanna to get to their much desired happily ever after. I don’t want to give too much away with how the conflict works out, but it was perfect.

I can’t wait for more books to come out in this series. I love these Zorn males! I just have to decide which one of Laurann’s other series I will be moving onto next. Her Cyborg Seduction or her New Species series. If anyone has an opinion on that please feel free to tell me.

I'm also excited to say that this is one of the many authors that I will have the pleasure of meeting at Elora's Cave Romanticon in October. 


The first book in this series Ral's Woman is currently free on Amazon.com!



No comments:

Post a Comment