Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Review: Labyrinth by Tarah Scott


Kindle Edition, 155 pages
Published January 17th 2012 by Set
ASIN: B006Z0HT3K
Source: Author, for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Erotic Fantasy Romance
Stars: 4
Flames: 5

Labyrinth has so many fantastic elements. They are combined in this tale of murder mystery, a broken friendship, and a woman caught between two men she loves. Readers are given a world where a cursed lord still haunts his castle, trying to free himself from the curse that has trapped him for centuries. Females who stay in this haunted castle have erotic dreams that have the potential to become deadly. Voodoo, magic and de je vu keep cropping up to hinder the former deputy sheriff from getting to the bottom of her cousin’s murder.

Margot knows deep down that Cat is a black widow eagerly looking for her next victim. Margot finds it impossible to deny the invitation that Cat presents to her. Margot leaves backwater Mississippi and her job as a deputy sheriff to go on a journey to Scotland to prove once and for all that Cat is a murderer. What she ultimately discovers is hauntings, magic and love.

I find it difficult to not give spoilers. This is a twisty tale that surprised me on more than one occasion. Cat is a sneaky woman with many tricks up her sleeve. She has a larger goal in mind than Margot ever thought possible. The castle and its legendary history are captivating. The painting of the castle and what it actually is adds mystique to this magical tale.

The sex scenes dream and otherwise are tastefully erotic. I found myself not sure who I wanted Margot to get her happily ever after with. I found that I wanted both men to get their happily ever after with Margot. The problem with that outcome was the fact that this was not a ménage.

Amazingly perfect happily ever after ending! I was so tempted to skim the ending. I felt something big approaching and I saw the potential for it to go frustratingly horribly wrong. I didn’t want it to go in that direction and it easily could have happened. It didn’t. Tarah put the absolute best ending into this story.


No comments:

Post a Comment