eBook, 97 pages per Kindle
Publisher: Siren Publishing, March 19, 2012
Source: Author, for the purpose of an honest review
Series: Urban Merman, book #2
Best read in order: no, each works as a stand alone
There are so many different little things in this book that I absolutely love. All these little things come together and make the romance between Hiro and Deniz so incredible. So this review will look a little different from most that I do. I really want to point out all of these little things that had me cheering Hiro and Deniz to their happily ever after.
· Hiro seeing Deniz as koi like and it goes so much further than appearances and the explanation is so sweet.
· Hiro trying to figure out how to be intimate with someone who has obviously been traumatized sexually. Jamie is who Hiro has this conversation with.
· Deniz trying to overcome his fears to allow Hiro to become more intimate with him.
· Once Deniz has made it to the human side of the portal he opens himself up so thoroughly so that he can experience a better life than what he is used to.
· The moving metal cave scene (car) Hiro is so patient with Deniz.
I loved these two. Hiro and Deniz worked so well as a couple. They both had to learn what worked for the other party, but I didn’t see it as anyone trying to change someone. Hiro truly cared for Deniz and he wanted to show him that there are good things out there in life to experience. Deniz’s past is terribly sad. The little bit of it that he shares is heartbreaking.
Readers get to see where Jamie and Marin have progressed to with their relationship. Hiro’s Merman works as a stand-alone. I do highly recommend reading both books in Daisy’s Urban Merman series though. Jamie’s Merman introduces Jamie, who is just a must read gay man.
On a side note, I am apparently a very durty Diva. I read that Daisy considers this her most raunchy book yet. I saw it as some really hot man loving with fun sex toys and a merman who may eventually want to explore some voyeuristic options. Needless to say Hiro and Deniz are really hot together!