Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Review: Critical Intelligence by Mandy M Roth


eBook, 192 pages
Published July 14th 2010 by The Raven Books
ISBN 13: 9781586087357
Source: Purchased for self
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Immortal Ops #2
Best read in order: yes
Stars: 4
Flames: 4

Roi caught my attention in the first book in the Immortal Ops series. He had a sarcastic attitude and a zinging come back for anything said to him. I knew immediately he was going to be one hell of a character to read. He did not disappoint, neither did his gal. Missy is full of sass attitude and a ton of bad assery! A fair amount of sexual tension had built between Missy and Roi in the previous novella.

The pairing of two witty alphas who always manage to get the last word in, turned out to be very entertaining reading. Missy misleads everyone as to whom and what she really is. Her job falls into that same category. Once Roi enters her life everything changes. Her life and her job are currently running parallel with his life, his job, and bringing down the evil that is experimenting on humans in an attempt to make the perfect weapon, a super human.

Missy and Roi worked great as a couple for me. Their endless bantering kept a constant pace. Them knowing each other from the previous book allowed for the romance to move quickly without feeling too rushed.

The only thing I didn’t understand was the beating that one of the characters took. I hate spoilers in reviews, so I will try to tip toe around this as best as I can. Someone took a beating just to prove their worth (that’s what I got from it.) It seemed unnecessary and I feel like a team, friends, loved ones, human beings in general would not have stood by and watched. That’s what happened though. I just didn’t get the point of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment