Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: C791 by Eve Langlais


eBook, 135 pages (or so the Kindle says)
Expected publication: February 21st 2012
ISBN 13: 9780986915482
Source: Author for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Erotic Sci Fi Romance
Series: Cyborgs: More Than Machines, book #1
Stars: 4
Flames: 5

Chloe has taken an assignment that promises a large payout, but it also comes with the risk of death. The military has captured one of the rebel cyborgs. They want to study him. The military is looking for a more efficient method of destroying what they once controlled as their super soldiers. Chloe just wants the pay. She is desperate. The moment she enters his cage she is intrigued by him. He is nothing like the rumors she has heard of the cyborgs.

Joe is not the captive that the military assumes they have. He’s looking for any and all information he can find on the cyborgs. The military created them, thus the military should have any and all pertinent information concerning their creation. His mission slightly changes when he must flee his captors. He now has to save the nurse he has been attracted to since his apprehension.

Joe and Chloe have left the military compound with a highly classified secret that could mean the death and destruction to all of the rebel cyborgs and they don’t even know it, C791. I liked the twist of C791. I had a feeling that something was not as it should be with their escape, but I never guessed it would unfold as it did. Yep, I was surprised. C791 and others like it opens the doors for this series to go into so many directions. I am definitely looking forward to the future books of this series. I liked that the cyborgs are trying to protect 
their future. They want the things that most humans take for granted.

I enjoyed Joe’s cyborg speak! He was so technical about the things he said to Chole. A perfect example, “I intend to take you to my home world and keep you as a receptacle for my sexual needs.” He wasn’t being cruel, just completely honest. Chloe handles it all so well. She understands that the cyborgs do not think and behave as humans do. I loved reading their teasing banter. As a couple Joe and Chloe worked for me, they made C791 a pleasurable read.

I am discovering that not all of Eve’s books are humorous. This is the second book of hers that I have read this week that doesn’t keep me laughing. The previous books I have read were very funny. Her Freakn’ Shifters, Alien Abduction, and the Furry United Coalition books are funny reads. I absolutely love discovering something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment