Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review: Secrets by Adrienne Wilder


eBook, 45 pages, 21,140 words
Published March 28th 2011 by Liquid Silver Books
ISBN13: 9781595788221
Source: Queen Tutt's World of Escapism Blog (my friend won this book, she does not have an eReader so it is on mine)
Genre: M/M Dark Fantasy Romance
Series: Darwin's Theory #2
Stars: 5
Flames: 5
               
Secrets picks up where Pain left off. I would not read this without having read it predecessor, too many things would just not make sense. Also just my opinion, but it’s a great book that you should read if you like a dark fantasy with a great love story between two guys. Mark Tolbert kept his promise and sent the video of the non-Peter everywhere he possibly could. The repercussions are applauding, but the readers learn that there is a lot more going on than unbecoming behavior. Peter is keeping secrets, a few too many of them actually. As some of the secrets are revealed the readers get to see that Darwin loves Peter to the point that he does not let any of the secrets affect his feelings towards their relationship. Darwin’s life has definitely improved since the readers first meet him. Not only are him and Pete a holding hands in public couple, but Darwin has quit all of his bad habits. As a couple they have a very strong but very new relationship. They are handling the problems magnificently as they come their way.

I love Darwin. I love his voice. He has this attitude about the world that makes no sense at all, but works for him. Darwin and Peter, that’s the world. No one else is needed. As long as the two of them have each other all will be well in that world. As with everything I have read by this author this book is fast paced and intense. I was sucked into this world from the first sentence of the first book. I read a ton of books, a wide variety of books, and this is my absolute favorite world. I’m at a point where I’ve read about the City of Dragons from quite a few different viewpoints and I love every single one of them.

                Be sure to check out Adrienne Wilder’s website. She is her own cover artist and she has a plethora of incredible character art there. This is a very talented lady on multiple fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment