Friday, August 12, 2011

Review: In Over Her Head by: Judi Fennell



Paperback, 352 pages
Published June 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN13: 9781402220012
Source: Purchased for self
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Tritone Trilogy #1
Stars: 4
Flames: 3

                Reel is a real nice guy. I really can’t help this, the author does the jokes on his name too. She set this up, I swear. Reel has a bit of a birth defect, he has legs and not the tail that his entire race has. His difference has also given him a healthy obsession of those like him. Humans, Reel loves to human watch. He has a specific human he has watched since he was young boy. I am sure what was the worst day of Erica’s life quickly becomes the best day of his when he sees her quickly sinking to the ocean floor to her death. Reel is unconcerned with the consequences of saving the human’s life, he’s just happy to finally have her with him. Little does he know that her life under the sea is actually her worst nightmare. I loved the romance in this story. It is a genuinely sweet love story. Erica and Reel have so many obstacles in the way of their Happily Ever After and he just never gives up.
                Oh what a cute read this is. There are so many hidden and obvious funnies I am sure I missed some of the humor. I felt like such a fish out of water while reading this book. Okay, I couldn’t resist I really had to go there. This book is definitely not my typical preference. I like the dark and evil for whatever reason and this book is the opposite of that. I did enjoy this book and will most likely read the other two in the series. I probably need a healthy dose of happy book in the mix with what I normally read.
I had the pleasure of meeting Judi at Readers and Author’s Get Together. She is such a happy, funny lady I had to read something by her. Anyone can see her personality all over her writing. This is a light happy read. It would probably be a perfect read for a sunny day out on the lake sunning on a boat. After Judi & I discussed my aversion to “mer” penis and her agreeing with me about what had creeped me out I decided to take a swim in her “mer” world. I’m glad I did. 


I had to post this review today, I just couldn't resist. I am at Authors After Dark in Philly hanging out with Judi & numerous other authors. Everyone have a great weekend! I know I sure am.

No comments:

Post a Comment