Friday, January 14, 2011

Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden



Mass Market Paperback, 385 pages
Published August 1st 2010 by Grand Central Publishing
ISBN13: 9780446559249
Series: Deadly #1
4 Stars
4 Flames
                I love watching crime shows. I think I watch all of them. I always figure out who the criminal is early on. I DID NOT figure out the who done it with this one. This is a great start to what I believe will be a remarkable series. I am looking forward to reading more of the Deadly books.
                Monica and Luke have a history with each other. They meet while they were both in FBI training at Quantico. Apparently while training they spent their spare time between the sheets having some amazingly hot sex. Now due to a transfer in FBI divisions Luke will be working with Monica. The moment these two characters are put in the same room with each other the reader can feel the sexual tension between them. I do not like rekindling in romance novels. This however did not feel like a rekindle to me. Luke never lost his attraction to Monica, they were not in a relationship per se and Monica never lost the attraction she had towards Luke.  Both characters have secrets in their pasts that prevented them from forgoing a relationship. 
                Once Monica and Luke arrive in Jasper County Mississippi to investigate two murders that the local Sherriff believes to be a serial things really heat up between them. Monica is immediately drawn into the serial killers twisted games. The amount of suspense in this book is great. Every event leads you to suspect a different outcome or suspect a different a different person as the guilty party. At one point I even thought it was possible that multiple people were involved. This twisted serial killer views his sick murders as a game. His evil dark game keeps the reader entrapped in this book to the point that it cannot be put down and you have to keep reading.   
***small irritation of mine*** the Corvette in this book has a back seat. I am almost positive that that car has never had that as an option.



No comments:

Post a Comment