Sunday, August 5, 2012

Review: Black Dog and Rebel Rose by Danielle D Smith



eBook, 156 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace (October 4, 2010)
ISBN 13: 9781453872451
Source: Purchased for self
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Black Dog & Rebel Rose
Stars: 2
Flames: 3

                Extremely sexy demon halfling Skriker is a hunter. He hunts the same demons that he is born from, the same demons that killed his mother, baby brother and took his father in the middle of the night when he was a child. He uses his bad boy hotness to help him with his favorite hobby, womanizing. The last thing he ever expected to find on a hunt was his soul mate, Rose. Rose is a pissed off, scarred and angry at the world loner who wants only to rid this world of the True Native demons. As far as she is concerned the hot hunk of Harley riding meat will only get in her way. She also believes that he is there to steal her hunt. They soon decide that the hunt and the cot in the nurse’s office are big enough for two.

                I liked that the demons and vampires were written as hideous evil that should be feared. I love my paranormal romances, but it was interesting to see a vampire written as a character other than the hero. I loved just how opposites Skriker and Rose were. That was quite a big shocker! I liked Rose and Skriker as characters. I just didn’t feel how they got to the instant connection of soul mates and in love. Instant attraction, instant hot dirty gritty smutty sex these are things I get and understand. There are some gritty down and dirty sex scenes in these pages. I just never connected to the characters, thus I think that is why I didn’t feel their connection.






No comments:

Post a Comment