Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ARC Review: Chosen by Sable Grace


Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: August 28th 2012 by Avon Books
ISBN 13: 9780062079640
Source: Publisher, for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Dark Breed, book #3
Best read in order: yes
Stars: 3
Flames: 2.5

Apparently this is the third and final book in the Dark Breeds series. Many of the problems found solutions, but there were also some loose ends that were not tied up in my opinion. The biggest shocker Chosen gave me was Ares. I really started liking his character towards the end of Bedeviled. I loved him in Chosen. He finally fit into the role as a father. He also had an interesting evening with Kyana that I found very entertaining.

Cronos is beyond evil and he does not pull any punches in his pursuit to see his revenge achieved. He wants his sons to pay for his death. He wants Kyana and Haven to pay for getting in his way. He is willing to do anything and everything to get what he wants. He is ruthless in his pursuit of his only goal.

I am used to characters evolving as a series progresses. I think Kyana devolved. There were so many things I loved about her in Ascension. She was full of badassery. As her goddess powers took over she became tremendously committed to her new role as the Goddess of the Hunt. She softened in many ways. The softening allowed her to finally open her heart fully to Ryker, that was a good thing, but she also weakened her in many circumstances to me.

I think this series would be highly enjoyed by fantasy fans who want minimal sexual romance in the books they read. 



2 comments:

  1. I am on the fence about this one but I do have book 1 so I will eventually give it a whirl! I am not a fan of the cover though :( I did like the one for Bedeviled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My big issue with this book was that the ending didn't wrap everything. I'm hoping for a spin off series with Haven.


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete