Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review: Click: An Online Love Story by Lisa Becker

Click: An Online Love Story
By: Lisa Becker
eBook: 285 pages
Published by Ebookit.com (first published March 29th 2011)
ISBN 13: 9781456601669
Source: Author, for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Chick Lit
Stars: 2
Flames: 1

Synopsis:

     Fast approaching her 30th birthday and finding herself not married, not dating, and without even a prospect or a house full of cats, Renee Greene, the heroine of Click: An Online Love Story, reluctantly joins her best guy pal on a journey to find love online in Los Angeles. The story unfolds through a series of emails between Renee and her best friends (anal-compulsive Mark, the overly-judgmental Ashley and the over-sexed Shelley) as well as the gentlemen suitors she meets online. From the guy who starts every story with "My buddies and I were out drinking one night," to the egotistical "B" celebrity looking for someone to stroke his ego, Renee endures her share of hilarious and heinous cyber dates. Fraught with BCC's, FWD's and inadvertent Reply to All's, readers will root for Renee to "click" with the right man.

♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥-|-♥

My Review:

     As the description says this book is compose by a series of emails between friends and possible date-able men. It was at times funny but not that romantic. I would have loved a little more. There where times where I wanted to know what happened but as it is written to be a bunch of emails there was only a recap of what happened.

     It DID give an inside of what might come to pass if a person starts online dating. I mean can you say prick. That Mike guy was such a pig. I would have liked for Renee to go more deeply with Jason but I guess that wasn't meant to be. But for the type of book the it is for me it was okay. I'm not overly crazy about it but it was funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment