Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Review: The Risque Target by Kelly Gendron


eBook, 202 pages
Published February 1st 2012 by Red Sage Publishing
ISBN 13: 9781603107549
Source: Tour, for the purpose of an honest review
Source: Romantic Suspense
Series: National Elite Security Agency #1
Stars:  3
Flames:  5

    Wow, I thought this was going to be a bad book.  It took me forever to read it, mainly because I was procrastinating and had a lot going on in real life.

    The Risque Target is about two secret operatives, Nala Dekker and Tantum Maddox/Marcus Richards, sent to kill each other.  But, of course, what happens instead is that they can't keep their hands off each other.  Not only are they to kill their targets, each other, but there are others out to kill them too.  I loved to see how they try to outwit each other.

    Tantum is the ultimate bad boy with a checkered past.  Dark, sexy, mysterious, but also always has to be in control.  Nala is beautiful and smart and is an OCD control freak.  Can you see the problem here?

    I felt the story was slow in parts, mainly the action parts, but then the sex happens and it's amazing.  The passion and the longing for each other definitely got my senses going.  There were times that I wanted to shake the crap out of both of them, but it all works out.  There were some twists that I didn't see coming.

    In the end, it was an okay read.  I couldn't get enough of Tantum though, that's for sure.  I would love to see Tantum in another book.  The ending really made the read worthwhile.
  




1 comment:

  1. Ok before I read your review I have to say the title made me giggle: Your Mission if you should choose to accept it might be a little "risque" --excuse me sir don't you mean "risky"--nope "risque" and you will like it! Sorry sometimes those things go through my head!

    This one actually sounds like one that I would enjoy since I love suspense in my novels! :)

    ReplyDelete