Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Review: Rees by Allyson James



Paperback, 204 pages
Published September 1st 2005 by Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.
ISBN 13: 9781419952555
Source: Purchased for self
Genre: Sci Fi Erotica
Series: Tales of the Shareem, Book #1
Stars: 3
Flames: 5

I enjoyed several aspects of this Shareem tale. I love reading futuristic sci fi with a healthy dose of smut. Rees really delivers on that front. The Shareem were created in a lab to fulfill the sexual fantasies of the sexually deviant on the planet of Bor Narga. The problem on Bor Narga is that fulfilling the carnal needs of the flesh is considered barbaric and taboo.

After growing up in a world where modern philosophy teaches that the mind and body are separate and sex is not physically necessary Talen finds a very scandalous diary. The diary belonged to one of the upper class higher born ladies. She recounts her affair with a Shareem. Talen’s curiosity is piqued. For research purposes only Talen wants to find out what this big fuss is all about. Rees is the lucky Shareem that gets to show Talen what the big fuss is all about and he takes (and gives) immense pleasure in doing so.  

If you enjoy reading dominance, spanking and light bondage I highly recommend this book. It is a free Kindle read at this time. James has done a wonderful job of tastefully writing this very erotic read. The only reason I did not enjoy the book more is because dominance and trusted control in a sexual situation is not my cup of eroticism. I did enjoy the story and the world that make up the life of the Shareem.

***includes anal, ménage, voyeurism, dom/sub, spanking and light bondage***

2 comments:

  1. New Follower. I got this one for free on my Nook and haven't tried it yet.
    -Jenese
    www.readersconfession.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for trying new authors and books through all the freebies offered. Sci-Fi Romances are a new experiment for me. This one sounds interesting, but I'm a little leery of BDSM so I'll have to think about it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete