Sunday, June 24, 2012

Review: Love Potions by Michelle McCleod


eBook, novella length
Published: September 23rd 2011
ASIN: B005P9FTFW
Source: Author, for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Stars: 2
Flames: 3

Love Potions is set in my favorite type of paranormal world, one where the non-human beings are not hidden from the remainder of the world.

I know novellas tend to rush some. There are so few pages that an author has to squeeze in so much content. The events did not seem to move smoothly in this book. I felt it had a choppiness to the flow of the content. I felt like I was rushed from one event to another along with the characters.

Aidan has been cursed by The Lady, the Queen of Fairy. He must enjoy/pleasure a less than perfect woman. Marion’s Potions instructor has suggested perhaps she needs let a man into her heart so that she may experience love and successfully complete a love spell. The fact that these two fell in love with each other in less than forty eight hours due to forced circumstances kept me from relating to their romance.

I wish I had more to say about the novella. I didn’t’ have to push myself to finish it. I kept hoping that I would reach a wow moment and be happy that I kept going. I never reached that conclusion. I was left wondering why Aidan and Marion were so deeply in love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment