Saturday, June 9, 2012

ARC Review: About Last Night by Ruthie Knox


eBook, 216 pages
Expected publication: June 11th 2012 by Random House Publishing Group
ISBN 13: 9780345535160
Source: Publisher, for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Stars: 5
Flames: 4

I do not read a lot of contemporary romance. I’m starting to ask myself why that is. The past few that I have read I have absolutely LOVED! Ruthie is a new author for me and I am looking forward to reading more of her work. Her characters were very lifelike. The pace of the book flowed well. The situations that Nev and Cath were in are also realistic. All of the emotions that Cath and Nev go through are genuine. I loved them as a couple. Opposites attract are so much fun to read.

I’m not sure which character contrast that I liked more, New Cath and Old Cath aka Good Cath and Bad Cath, or City and Nev. I do know that reading them this way added personality to the tale. Cath is far from your perfect lead female. She has made mistakes and she continuously punishes herself for these mistakes. She has hurt others and hurt herself due to her mistakes. Cath has made a promise to herself, no more mistakes, but how does one resist the man who comes courting with junk food.

Nev is Cath’s newest mistake. Or at least that is how she sees it. Nev sees Cath as the greatest thing to have ever happened to him. Early on he figures out that Cath is not going to be an easy catch. He becomes content with their whatevership early on, knowing that it is just a matter of time before she lets him in. Nev is such an incredibly likeable lead male. His personality and his wicked smile, dimple included are so very sexy.

Nev’s family, oh they are an interesting bunch and Cath’s issues from her past brought the mild conflict to the book. Nev’s family and their manipulations of his life are applauding while highly entertaining.  The conflict in this book is a mild one, but one that had some difficulties for the couple to get through. I couldn’t put About Last Night down. Great book that I recommend to anyone who enjoys opposite attract relationships, sexy man, lead female who has some issues and loves to read books that have a wonderful love story.

Favorite quote, Nev to Cath.
“You’re the only woman who’s ever made me this desperate.”



No comments:

Post a Comment