Friday, May 11, 2012

Review: The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter

TheDarkestSeductionShowal15085_f

The Darkest Seduction (goodreads.com)

By: Gena Showalter (author website)

 
 

Mass Market Paperback, 504 pages

Published February 28th 2012 by HQN Books

ISBN 13: 9780373776573

Source: Purchased for self

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Series: Lords of the Underworld #9

Best read in order: yes

Stars: 3

Flames: 4

Paris is the one Lord that never drew my attention. I don’t dislike him, but he never grabbed my attention. I know to many he is the favored Lord. If you are that person you will LOVE The Darkest Seduction. I guess I never felt that his demon possessed enough badassery to be a problem to live with. I have to point out that I did learn a lot about Paris and Sex that I never knew, but it was not enough to make me feel any differently about him.
Sienna never wowed me either. The fact that every character in the series and in multiple books have to regularly pointed out her less than drop dead gorgeous appearance or the fact that she is heavily freckled got on my nerves three books ago. I was very surprised by the way her character has evolved with Wrath and also as to where she stands at the end of the book. That was the biggest shocker of all. Her outcome from the big final battle…never saw it coming!
I loved the other Lords (ones from past books and ones who have not gotten a book yet) and the roles that they played in this book. The overall struggle that has been going on is continued. Of course Gena has added some new twists that I can’t wait to see where she goes with. Zacharel has a good bit of page time. His book Wicked Nights comes out in late June. Readers were also introduced to several new Lords. I loved Viola, the Keeper of Narcissism. She is going to be so much fun to read in the future books.
This is one of my most favorite paranormal series. I like that it is not your typical vamp/were romance. The characters are immortal warriors that have been possessed by demons as punishment. Gena also gives a good mix of dark and violent, with plenty of humorous moments while blending in a great romance.






.

No comments:

Post a Comment