Thursday, May 3, 2012

Review: Dark is the Night by Brindle Chase


eBook, 240 pages
Published August 1st 2011 by CreateSpace  
ISBN 13: 9781466268296
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Series: Dark Justice, book #1
Stars: 2.5 (I’m really on the fence with this one, can’t make up my mind if it’s a 2 or 3.)
Flames: 5
Reviewed by: Vanessa

This is one dark paranormal. I loved that about this book. Readers get to see an extremely dark side of vampirism up close and personal right from the vamps point of view. I also liked the first person telling of this story. The point of view went from Alexander and Katherine, but always in first person. The author does a wonderful job of switching point of view between the character and the reader is never left wonder which characters point of view is being told.

Detective Katherine Well’s newest case leads her into the arms of one sexy vamp. Little does she know that her new love interest will also turn into her prime suspect. Alexander has been feeding from humans for over a thousand years. He enjoys the hunt that comes with procuring his meal. To prevent his meals from coming back to life as a vampire he must also kill them. Really it’s not murder, it’s just daily vamp life.

Alexander quite possibly is the darkest, broodiest, most violent vampire as a hero that I have ever read. He is one violent vamp. I liked this about his character. He goes on a violent killing and tortures the people who posed a threat to Katherine. He was vicious in his methods. I liked this about his character. I originally read a character interview with Alexander. I thought to myself what an arrogant ass of a vamp, I must read him.

Katherine is too over the top with her numerous contradictions. The one that had me rolling my eyes at the book too often was her thoughts on her appearance. Apparently every man alive sees her fantastic breasts, fabulous legs, gorgeous body, but she doesn’t see herself this way, but she also has this inner dialogue with herself about how every man sees her. She is also a cop that jumps over to the dark side very easily, little thought to the consequences, and oh so quickly. She loves Alexander and it will all be okay!

The big surprise for me with Dark is the Night was the sex scenes. I knew I was going to read a romance. There is romance, there is love and then there is the eroticism of the sex in this book. Wow there is a ton of hotness in between these pages. Once Katherine meets Alexander she can’t seem to focus on anything other than his cock. In his presence she goes directly to hot and bothered and horny. There are numerous extremely hot sex scenes in this book. Chase writes some wickedly hot sex.

Overall this book was okay. I’m glad that I read it. I’m also glad I didn’t pay for it. The darkness that is Alexander and the erotic sex scenes are reason enough to read this book as far as I’m concerned. I was not wowed by their love story. The murder investigation that brought Alexander and Katherine together to begin with is mildly interesting. This vampire world and how it works seems like it could become problematic with the number of deaths that come from it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment