Saturday, May 19, 2012

Author Jim Bronyaur interview

Would you please start by telling us a little bit about yourself?

My name is Jim Bronyaur and I write books. That’s the simple version of myself… the long version includes my obsession with words that stretches from horror to thriller to mystery to romance to literary fiction to poetry and everything in between. I've had the pleasure of starting my own publishing company last year and since then have been writing and publishing anything I want, because I can. Better than that is that people are buying what I’m writing and they enjoy it. 

Jim Bronyaur

What was your most challenging book to bring to life?
Actually, my newest mystery series – Minivan Mom MysterySeries – was tough but thanks to the help of my wife, I got through it.  The series features a stay-at-home mom who solves murders on the side.  It was strange writing from a woman’s point of view, but as I said, my wife stepped in and shaped the book with me.

What was your favorite scene or chapter in The Failed?
I loved writing the backyard scene with the Pringle family.  The setup, the neighbor being attacked, and of course, the way Paul has to go wild with an axe to protect his family.  The entire thing took a while to write to get it just right, and I could read it again and again.



In the Corner consists of three stories. Do you prefer writing books with a series of stories or full length novels?
Full length novels for sure.  Short works have a purpose, but I prefer writing novels. 

In the Corner

The serial killer in The Devil’s Weekend makes a deal with the Devil. Do you have any want in life that you desire badly enough that you would consider making a deal with the Devil?
When Guns n’ Roses gets back together and they need a third guitarist… that’s when I’ll call up the Devil to talk!

The Devil's Weekend

Within the Walls has a house with a haunting presence that affects its occupants. Have you ever had your own personal experience with a haunted house or a house with a scary history?
Actually, yes!  When I was a kid, I saw my great-grandmother walk up the steps of my grandparents house and walk into her old bedroom.  I saw it clear as day but when I tried to explain to my grandfather what I saw, he told me it was a pair of his underwear….
Within the Walls (part one)

What is one thing about you that your readers would find surprising or never guess about you?
I’m a mush.  I watch and love chick-flicks.  Sorry… it’s true.

How do you spend your down time between edits, deadlines, writing and creating new and fascinating books? Do have a favorite pastime or hobby to fill you spare time with?
I’m married with two boys, so when I’m not working or running my company, it’s all about family.  I love spending time with my kids, watching them grow and learn.  I love spending time with my wife, who stands next to me through this journey, giving advice, telling me when I’m wrong, and encouraging me to always write the next book.  I also love music, so I play any instrument I can find, and write a lot of music too.  To date, I’ve written over 70 songs, but they stay hidden… for now.  ;)

Who is your favorite author that you enjoy reading?
Well, not to hit the giant cliché button, but Stephen King.  Face it, the man can write and can inspire.  My first book when I was 8 was Pet Sematary.  He introduced me to horror, to horror books, to horror movies, and I’ve never looked back.

I've included some linky's of various places to stalk Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment