Friday, April 6, 2012

Review: Sinful Urges by Sonia Hightower


We have a Diva with us today. My friend Ronda from Queen Tutts World of Escapism has dropped by today to do a review for me. She has also come equipped with her bag of penis! Yep, this book was not rated in my typical (boring) flames, but with a cock pic! Exciting stuff today. I do love my Ronda too!

Sinful Urges

Sinful Urges (goodreads.com)

By: Sonia Hightower (author webpage)

 
eBook, 65 pages (per Kindle)
Published February 3rd 2012 by Breathless Press
ISBN 13: 9781771010436
Source: Author, for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance / Erotica / Horror
Erotic with a twist..
Follow the confessions of Juan and Maria as they fall prey to lust at first sight. Can they stop themselves before it's too late, or will they become victims of their own sinful urges?
A new neighbor sends Juan running to confession to rid himself of the lustful thoughts he experiences. Each confession becomes more erotic, more sinful than the last. Can Juan stop himself, or will he give in to the desire that threatens his very faith?
The man across the street causes Maria to question her own morals. When she seeks out a priest for confession, she weaves a tale of exotic kisses and stolen moments. How can Maria find sanctuary in her prayers when her body demands she find solace in her neighbor's arms?
RONDA’S REVIEW: 3 ½ STARS – Rounding to 4 stars


4 Star Rating


SEXUAL: HARD COCK! (3 flames out of 5)
Cock-Hard-3-star-copy

Humorous & Devastating!
A story where erotic desperation turns into obsession, wicked possessiveness, envy-ness, and then a nightmare! Wow! Where do I begin, first let me say that the author has great writing skills as her words flowed smoothly and had me captivated immediately from the humorous conception of confessions being told to a catholic priest. The story had me smiling from ear to ear thinking this was going to be a fun and humorous read but ending with the expression of What the FUCK!!!!!
The characters Maria and Juan had a great build up connection between them with their lust for each other with a lot of teasing as they told their side of the story to the priest taking their confession. The funny part was that the priest had to live through their detailed tale each time they confessed and control his own urges and conviction.
Funny turned into Juan becoming obsessed and possessive after he finally got to have his erotic pleasures with Maria. The erotic scenes start out as teasers of what the couples dream about doing to each other orally which eventually leads up to their one time major climax as they ravage each other in a heated passion, therefore it gets 3 flames heat level out of 5.

*****Spoiler Alert*****

As I was enjoying the story I knew that the couple would eventually be together and the example of how marriages are always broken apart from affairs is clearly shown in the story, but the ending threw me for a loop. An ending not expected, an ending that not even a priest can Absolve / forgive and tell them to say the Act of Contrition, Seven Hail Mary’s, and Eight Our Fathers In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Maybe I wasn’t prepared for a devastating murderous ending but the ending totally turned me off as I realized how much of closeness to reality this story actually is - making it not so much a pleasant story for me in the end.
Would I read more of this authors work? Sure as long as it doesn’t have a horrifying ending. I can see why some readers may not like the story because the unexpected truth of reality is expressed in this book and most romance and erotic readers are used to the happy ever after ending especially if it is listed as romance and erotica, not an ending as devastating as this. So I give props to the author for getting a reaction out of me and that in itself says how good of a writer she is. As the saying goes “Hooked (story captivated me), Lined (smiling and happy), Sinker (caught me off guard).”
Review on Goodreads:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/306245236
 
Rondas Name using Amazon Woman




No comments:

Post a Comment