Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review: The Mists of Midnight by Michelle M. Pillow

The Mists of Midnight



Ebook:  250 pages
Publisher: The Raven Books
ISBN: 1460961137
Source: author for honest review
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Historical, Fantasy
Series: no
Stars: 4
Sexual Rating: 3
Reviewed by: Rachel

Summary
The year is 1812 and the place is England. This book follows Imogen through her life and death. She is being forced to marry a man she does not love and storms out of the house. Through a freak accident she is killed while riding to clear her head after the argument. She wakes to find a man in the library and believes him to be her tutor. She later discovers that he is a ghost of the Marquis who once lived at her home. He is searching for his daughter who was killed in a house fire. There is evil lurking at the manor and it wants Margaret, the little ghost girl. Imogen tries to help free the trapped ghosts and in the process she discovers love in a surprising place.
Review
I enjoyed this book. I finished it in no time at all. It has been a while since I read a book about ghosts and I must start reading them more often. This book keeps you guessing right up to the end. You are not sure who is a ghost and who is not. The author keeps you guessing on who the culprit is behind the killings at the manor also. The book was a fun ride and I definitely recommend it.
The characters were well defined and the author keeps you involved in the story waiting to see if there will be a happy ending. There were several funny parts in the book that had me laughing at the thought of seeing that. I also am glad the author put in the part about the ghosts having to relive their death as it gave me more insight into what had happened to them in life. I especially enjoyed the ending to this book. It tied up the loose ends and didn’t leave you wondering what happened to any certain person or ghost.

I recommend this book to anyone. It is a fast read but is definitely worth it. I give it 4 stars (I really liked it).



No comments:

Post a Comment