Friday, January 6, 2012

Review: Eat Slay Love by: Jesse Petersen



Mass Market Paperback, 261 pages
Published June 28th 2011 by Orbit
ISBN 13: 9780316102926
Source: purchased for self
Genre: Romantic Comedy (Zombie Apocalypse)
Best read in order: yes
Stars: 4
Flames: 1

I have loved traveling with Sarah and David on their quest from Seattle to the Midwest Wall. They have had so many different trails while on their journey to something that may or may not even exist. They have come across numerous different people that were not always helpful, sometimes paranoid, and most often just flat out crazy. The zombie slaying keeps the pages filled with action and fighting.
Eat Slay Love is another book in this humorous zombie apocalypse series. Sarah is starting to notice that David is having some interesting after effects from the zombie bite, even though he took the “cure.” Sarah is not worried about her husband harming her, but she is very concerned about his new attributes. After they pick up a couple of survivors along to way to the Wall they have to be prepared for the repercussions of them also noticing the subtle differences.
I love the humor. The humorous character dialogue really makes this series. There are so many awesome phrases that I know I will take with me for use. The one liners are plentiful and always witty or funny. These are individuals trying to make the best out of a very dire situation.  
At some point I have heard that Living With the Dead is a trilogy. If that is in fact the case then this would be the last of Sarah and David’s Badlands adventure. I checked Jesse’s website and did not find anything to confirm this. Eat Slay Love ends in a manner that allows for more books. I truly do hope so.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Married with Zombies ---I have the other 2 and will be delving in very soon :)

    ReplyDelete