Wednesday, November 30, 2011

ARC Review: Night Reigns by Dianne Duvall


Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: December 6th 2011 by Zebra  
ISBN 13: 9781420118629
Source: Author, for the purpose of an honest review
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Immortal Guardians, book #2
Best read in order: yes
Stars: 5
Flames: 3

Readers were given just enough information about Ami and Marcus in Darkness Dawns to leave them impatiently waiting for the next book. Duvall really delivers with this installment in the Immortal Guardians series. I loved all of the revelations she made with these two characters. Their lives, who they are and what they are and the lives they led that put them together were perfectly done.

I’m LOVING this series! It has a great overall story line. I love the fact that the enemies and the conflict changed between the two books. The Immortal Guardians are still fighting vampires who are harming humans, but there are different reasons in Night Reigns. There is also a new threat to the Immortals and Ami. The entire cast of characters is interesting and I want to know more about all of them. I like the way Duvall gives little teasing bits and pieces about the various characters over the course of the two books.

I’m looking forward to the next in this vastly different paranormal romance series. There is so much more that I want to know about the characters, the world and how the different species have affected each other. I have a huge hunch as to what Seth is going to be. Readers find out what Ami is. I am very curious as to how these twos species existence has affected or possibly changed humanity and the gifted ones. 

3 comments:

  1. I have been hearing some good stuff about this series, I may have to add it to the'ole TBR.

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it, Vanessa! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete