Saturday, September 3, 2011

Handy Tip for Fellow Bloggers

I was talking google reader with Felicia of Geeky Bloggers Book Blog when we were at Authors After Dark a few weeks ago. She mentioned using her cell phone to read blogs. I was a bit confused, they're so small. Then she proceeded to tell me that it's easier when the blog is set up mobile friendly.

When I returned home I had to look into doing this. I recently acquired a Galaxy Tablet & WOW, I seldom touch the laptop. She was very correct about this mobile setting. I had no idea that it even existed.

When this selection is enabled it does NOT effect how your blog will look from a laptop, only how it will appear on a mobile device. I can tell you fellow bloggers how to change this through Google Blogger Dashboard. I have no clue as to Word Press.

Go to Dashboard, select templet. It is on the bar to the left. Then you see the two top selections one is Live on Blog, the other is Mobile. That is all there is to it. It makes reading and commenting on a blog from a mobile device incredibly easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment