Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)

Paperback, 312 pages
Published May 3rd 2011 by Berkley
ISBN13: 9780425241509
Series: Elder Races #1
Source: Purchase
Genre: Paranormal Romance (Shifter)
Stars: 5
Flames: 4

                I am kicking myself for waiting so long to read this book. If you have not read it GO, GO NOW and BUY IT! I loved this book. The characters were so incredibly real. The character dialogue was wonderful. That statement encompasses all of the characters, not just the hero and heroine. It is a fresh original read. The types of paranormal beings range from dragon to gryphon to dark fae to the big shocker of what the heroine turns out to be. I love stories where the non-humans and the humans are living amongst each other knowingly. I also enjoy a book where there are a variety of different beings living and working together in the tale. This book has so many positives going for it. There is a very sweet love story going on with some steamy sex scenes, but the romance between Pia and Dragos so affectionately loving.  Then to top all of that off you get some fighting, action and chest pounding alpha male Neanderthal behavior.
                Dragos is such an interesting male. He is old, older than everything else old. His Twizzler, Slurpee, and Ziploc bag confusion is reason alone to read this book. His manipulative use of the word please makes him such an honestly real character that can easily be connected to. Then you throw Pia into the mix. She is young, young even by human year standards. She is being haunted by one bad decision. It is a decision that every woman has made. She dated the wrong man for a brief period in her life. Now this ex that she wishes she could forget is blackmailing her into stealing from the much feared local dragon. She knows that the people that are behind him in doing this have nefarious plans for her. She also knows that the dragon will kill her when (not if) he finds her. Pia is a smart witty girl. She tries her best to do a little harm as possible while committing a crime she doesn’t want to commit. Her mother ingrained in her for as long as she can remember to not trust others with her secret, always be prepared to run and never let anyone know what you are. She ends up in the home of a dragon who is demanding her to stay, trust him and tell him everything.
                I will be anxiously awaiting the next book in the series to get into the bookstores in August. We are introduced to the hero and heroine of Storm’s Heart in Dragon Bound. I must say I am looking forward to reading how many different tricks Trick’s has up her sleeve. Yes, pun intended. My only complaint about Dragon Bound is the size of the font. Just to make sure I am not in need of glasses I actually counted lines in various mass market paperbacks. Most have 35-37. Dragon Bound has 40 lines per page. The type is smaller. I know it’s a crazy lame very minor complaint.
Dragos to Pia “I see the lunatic inhabiting your body is alive and well.” (I really LOVE these two!)



5 comments:

  1. I'm so ridiculously in love with this book. I have read the entire thing twice and i go back in every few days and re=read my favorite parts. I still can't even quantify WHY this one was so good, but I have to say, probably top 5 paranoramals of all time for me.
    Great review, so glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Loved Loved this book ! Cannot wait for the rest of the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it too.. Now we just need the second book..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful - thank you for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this on my tbr list, I'm going to wait a bit to read this so I can read the 1st and 2nd one after another. It sounds greatt

    ReplyDelete